Sunday, October 03, 2010

Meet Cherish D'Angelo - Win a Kobo Ereader



Welcome to Marilyn's Romance Reviews, Cherish......




Story Plot Assault: aka "I See Fictitious People!"



Okay, I'll admit it. I hear voices. I feel slightly schizophrenic at times. I can't control when a story idea comes blasting through my cerebral cortex. I see fictitious people.

Usually it starts with a simple thought. Sometimes it's a what would I do if I were in a certain situation? thought. Sometimes it's a what would happen if... thought. But once that thought creeps into my head, it insidiously worms it's way into my inner office, the place where my inner muse lives and writes.


The plot idea then spins out of control. Characters are born, fully clothed, adult characters for the most part, with flaws and weaknesses and strengths. These characters tell me what happens. Often in detail, even at this stage, they'll describe who they are, where they are and what's about to happen.

They're very persistent, these fictitious people. If I try to ignore them, they scream at me day and night. "Cherish! You have to write about us! We have a story to tell and it's going to be a good one!" Sometimes they'll try bribery. "Cherish, if you write our story, I bet it'll catch the eye of a major publisher and they'll offer you a five-book deal and a 2 million dollar advance." Sometimes they wait patiently, whispering their plot in my ear until I finally take notes.

With Lancelot's Lady, my two main characters Rhianna and Jonathan spoke to me a couple of years ago. They had a funny yet suspenseful story to tell about their passion-flamed romance on a tropical island. I quelled their voices by writing most of the novel. Then I filed them away and they slept for a few years. Until one day they woke up. "It's time!" Rhianna told me. "You can tell our story now."

And when Winston Chambers, my evil, blackmailing private investigator, started wheezing in my ear and making me flinch, I knew that he'd add the right amount of tension to this love story. Winston makes sure that Rhianna and Jonathan have to go through hell to find a piece of heaven.

They've all stopped yammering at me to finish their story now that it's done, though occasionally Rhianna whispers, "I don't think I can wait until September for people to read about me." I explain to her that anticipation is what makes the world go round and that everyone is anxiously waiting for Lancelot's Lady. "Be patient," I tell her. "Once people read about you and Jonathan, they'll experience an exciting, heart-stopping, romantic read that will leave them wanting more."

A new heroine has popped up in the inner office of my mind. "Cherish, do I have a story to tell you! It's about how I lost everything in an apartment fire, including my shoe collection and my boyfriend. And then I lost my job and―" "Okay," I interrupt her. "Yes, I'll tell your story. Soon. I promise."

~Cherish D'Angelo


Lancelot's Lady ~ A Bahamas holiday from dying billionaire JT Lance, a man with a dark secret, leads palliative nurse Rhianna McLeod to Jonathan, a man with his own troubled past, and Rhianna finds herself drawn to the handsome recluse, while unbeknownst to her, someone with a horrific plan is hunting her down.

Lancelot's Lady is available in ebook edition at KoboBooks, Amazon's Kindle Store, Smashwords and other ebook retailers. Help me celebrate by picking up a copy today and "Cherish the romance..."

You can learn more about Lancelot's Lady and Cherish D'Angelo (aka Cheryl Kaye Tardif) at Cherish website and  Cherish D'Angelo Blog.  Follow Cherish from October 3 to October 10 on her Cherish the Romance Virtual Book Tour and win prizes.

Have you ever had an idea for a story? Did you make notes, write it or forget about it?

Leave a comment here, with email address, to be entered into the prize draws. You're guaranteed to receive at least 1 free ebook just for doing so. Plus you'll be entered to win a Kobo ereader. Winners will be announced after October 10th.

8 comments:

Cheryl Kaye Tardif said...

Thank you so much for hosting me during my tour, Marilyn. Much appreciated! :-)

I'll pop by throughout the day to see if there are any comments. Cheers!

Cherish

Susan Helene Gottfried said...

No need to enter me, as usual, Marilyn. I'm dropping in to let you know I've got this posted at Win a Book. Thanks for the mail!

Cheryl, if we can help you promote anything, drop us a line. This is what we do over here...

chey said...

Wow, Lancelot's Lady sounds great!
I have had an idea for a story. I did write them down.
chey127 at hotmail dot com

JM said...

Hee hee. My favourite kind of inspiration is when a character 'walks up' and has a story to tell. But my more common inspiration is trying to figure out the answers to the 'what if' questions. What if Melbourne had a very successful succubi academy? LOL

jmfictionscribe@yahoo.com.au

Cheryl Kaye Tardif said...

Thank you for the extra promo, Susan. I'll check out your site!! :-)

Chey, I hope you pick up a copy of Lancelot's Lady. I think you'll enjoy it. :-)

Cheers!
Cherish

Sarah Lynne said...

I am getting close to being caught up!!! I am a day behind, but still stalking!!! lol

sarahcoulsey03 at gmail dot com

Leslie @ Under My Apple Tree said...

I read... I'm terrible at creative writing.

undermyappletree at gmail dot com

Pam S (pams00) said...

I do get ideas for stories and I used to be a really bad day dreamer as a child. I've jot ideas down etc. but I am just not sure I have what it takes to sit down and write the "play by play" down in an interesting enough and clear enough fashion.

Pam S
pams00 @ aol.com

 

web page counters