Friday, January 21, 2011

International/US Contest - Linda Ford - Five Chances to Win

Kicking off Bloggiesta today, I'm having a contest for Linda Ford's Dakota Child a Love Inspired Historical.  Thank you Harlequin Ambassadors for the free books.  However, the cover is  not like the one shown but the description matches Amazon's.  Here's what Amazon Readers are saying:

4.0 out of 5 stars a nice read


This is a heartwarming story about people who feel like social misfits that find each other and bring the best out in each other.
 5.0 out of 5 stars Deeply moving romance.
In Dakota Child Linda Ford creates a beautiful story of love and redemption that transcends the romance genre
5.0 out of 5 stars More of These Types, Please
Excellent story line with main and secondary character development throughout. A +++. Too many of these types of books today stop short on plot and character development, and...
Description


Trapped in a North Dakota blizzard, single mother Vivian Halliday's prayer for herself and her child is answered. Rescue comes in the seemingly terrifying form of Billy Black, the hulk of a man feared by all the townsfolk. Yet in the home he shares with his ailing mother, the handsome, gentle giant warms her baby's bottles and sings sweet lullabies that lull even Vivian to peaceful sleep. When the storm abates, will she still seek the life that led her back to the village?


About Linda Ford

Once upon a time there was a little girl who had a dream. Yes, the little girl was me. But no, the dream was not to be a writer. The dream that never varied from the time I was 8 or 9 was to run an orphanage and have 12 kids. I can't say why it was such an unerring, unchanging thing. But it was. And in a way, my dream came true. I married, had 4 homemade children, adopted 10 and lived (at times endured) my dream.


Our adopted children came with lots of baggage that unfortunately did not go away with love, discipline or any other tool we had at our disposal. During one of those time when the dream seemed more like a nightmare, when several of the kids were teens and acting out in weird and awful ways, I got invited to a writer's meeting. I sat with other people. I can't say if they were like-minded or not. I doubt it.

We listened to a tape telling how to organize our thoughts into chapters and write a non-fiction book. It all sounded so ...so controllable. I went home, picked an idea I can't even tell you what the idea was. I think it was something about my early childhood. And I started to write. From the beginning I was hooked. I had found a world I could control. Although I hadn't planned to write, I had always made up stories in my head, often late at night when I couldn't sleep. I thought everyone did the same thing. To this day I can remember one rancher hero I created tall with a rolling swagger and a smile that didn't end.

I credit my writing with keeping me relatively sane through that difficult time when my life seemed out of control. I still find my fictional worlds often make more sense than my real world. Am I the only one who feels this way? Or is this why we read and/or write?--to find a world that makes sense where people act in ways we can understand because we are privy to their thoughts and motivations.

I share my life with my ever-patient husband (yup, the rancher of my dreams), a paraplegic-double-amputee client for whom I provide personal care, a grown son who lives at home, and a yappy African grey parrot who knows far too many insults. I have an open door policy to my large family, which means special occasion family dinners for twenty or more, visiting grandchildren, crisis counseling (let's talk to Mom about it) and generally sharing the joys and trials of my children's lives. All of which provides me lots of research material for my historical and contemporary books, which have a recurring theme of foreverness, commitment, the power of faith and the joy of family.




There will be (3) chances for US readers and (2) chances for International readers.  I tried to think what you would have to do to win a copy of this book.  So follow me here at Marilyn's Romance Reviews or it seemed to me when I checked out Linda website "Family, Friends and Love Forever" were her theme.  So choose one of those themes, comment here and please leave your email address so that you can be contacted.  Winners will be announced on January 24, 2011.

3 comments:

Laney4 said...

I thought I WAS following you, but no new feeds came in for the last year. I put it back in again (after deleting first), and I still am not getting this year's feeds, although I CAN get to it from my Favorites now, so I'll do that instead I guess....
Must be a glitch in the system. I sure hope you show me as a (Google) follower!
ANYWAY, best wishes for your Bloggiesta Ole! What a neat idea/title! You mentioned having "a recurring theme of foreverness, commitment, the power of faith and the joy of family." You can never have too much of that! Thanks!
seytype at hotmail dot com

Linda Henderson said...

Family would be my theme, I have two wonderful daughters and 6 wonderful grandchildren so I'm very blessed.

GFC follower as seriousreader

seriousreader at live dot com

Marilyn Shoemaker said...

To my two faithful commenters.....I love you! Laney4 and Linda Henderson, you are the winners!

 

web page counters