Sunday, January 23, 2011

Valentines Day International Contest - Ends February 7th -


This contest will be International and to win this package please share how you'll spend Valentines Day, decoration ideas or a favorite recipe.

THE LOST VALENTINEEXPERIENCE THE LOVE STORY AMERICA IS TAKING TO HEART with The Lost Valentine—now the basis for a Hallmark Hall of Fame television movie!

News reporter Susan Allison is looking for the perfect story about true love, though she doubts where such a thing really exists. Neil Thomas, Jr. wants the world to know about his parents’ bittersweet love story: On February 14, 1944, Caroline Thomas said good-bye to her beloved husband, a Navy pilot sent to the Pacific. For fifty years, she waited for him—until a miracle happened, and she received his lost valentine… In the present day, when Susan and Neil meet, can the story of Neil’s parents bring them together in a love as powerful as she dreams of and he remembers?

“Get out your box of tissues, and rid yourself of all distractions because once you pick up this book, you will not put it down...Fans of The Notebook will enjoy.”—Booklist (starred review)



 About the Author

James Michael Pratt is the author of several other books, including the bestselling novels Paradise Bay, Ticket Home, and The Lighthouse Keeper. He lives along the Wasatch mountain range in Utah. Visit www.jmpratt.com to learn more.







Also included the DVD Sleepless in Seattle, a "heart" themed tea towl, chocolate, small "heart" themed notebook and mini Kleenex to take along when you view your next romance movie.





The director and stars of 1998's You've Got Mail scoreda breakthrough hit with this hugely popular romantic comedy from 1993, about a recently engaged woman (Meg Ryan) who hears the sad story of a grieving widower (Tom Hanks) on the radio and believes that they're destined to be together. She's single in New York, he lives in Seattle with a young son, but the cross-country attraction proves irresistible, and pretty soon Meg's on a westbound flight. What happens from there is ... well, you must have been living in a cave to have let this sweet-hearted comedy slip below your pop-cultural radar. There's little complexity or depth to writer-director Nora Ephron's cheesy tale of a romantic fait accompli, and more than a little contrivance to the subplots that threaten to keep Hanks and Ryan from actually meeting. But the purity of star chemistry here is hard to deny, and this may be the first film to indicate the more serious and sympathetic side of Hanks that is revealed in later roles. With its clever jokes about "chick movies" and repeated homage to the classic weeper An Affair to Remember, this may not be everybody's brand of amorous entertainment, but it's got an old-Hollywood charm that appeals to many a movie fan --Jeff Shannon
 Don't forget to leave your email address.
 




14 comments:

Joni said...

This sounds like a great contest with terrific prizes. Please enter me--thank you.

Susan Helene Gottfried said...

No need to enter me, Marilyn. I'm dropping in to say thanks for the e-mail. I've got this posted at West of Mars Win a Book for you.

Linda Kish said...

I love a good romance story.

lkish77123 at gmail dot com

Carrie at In the Hammock Blog said...

sounds like an awesome contest!! i'll have to check out the movie, Thank you!!

I am really wanting to make these little chalkboard hearts I saw online for my valentines decorations!

inthehammockblog at gmail dot com

Violet said...

My husband will probably spend our time in a resort or something, not sure yet but I'm looking forward to it.

Please enter me, it's a great contest.

violetc dot books at gmail dot com

Aik said...

I will spend time with my boyfriend watching a romantic comedy or go ice skating.

aikychien at yahoo dot com

Mary said...

I'll be spending it with my hubby. He usually makes me dinner and gets me a box of chocolates.

miztik_rose@yahoo.com

Steph-Anne said...

Just because we are no longer children doesnt mean we can't pass around valentines day cards! It's a tradition my friends and I have done since grade school and STILL do!

footfootballpsu@yahoo.com

Nikola said...

I am in love with this blog! Thank goodness for Blog Hop! (and fyi, you got yourself a new follower)

I am excited about this year's Valentine's Day (I am gay and that's probably why I love romance books - taming the hot guy:)and I am planning on probably going to the nearby Medieval fortress with my boyfriend and enjoying the evening. Maybe we'll even throw in a bottle of wine to sip on - and then it's back home for movies and cuddling. :)

Please enter me for the giveaway - the book sounds wonderful and I love Jennifer Love Hewitt, so the movie will probably be AMAZING! And Sleepless in Seattle? It's a must-own! :)

rebelprince89@live.com

Modokker said...

I'll be spending it with my boys because my hubby will be on the road. He's a truck driver. Hopefully i'll probably get something from my youngest from school and we'll hang out and watch a movie. Maybe make some kind of Valentines day treats.

Lisa B
modokker at yahoo dot com

Laney4 said...

Hi, Marilyn!

Hopefully I will keep remembering to type my email address BEFORE I type my answers, LOL!!!

On Valentine's Day, my husband will be leaving for work at 6 pm and returning around 7:30 am, my son will be working till 9:30 pm, and my daughter and I will be playing badminton half an hour away. We might go to someone's house afterward for drinks (water if I'm driving; a beer if my adult daughter is driving).

I hope you and your family have a lovely Valentine's Day, as well as the other days of the year. I say this because my DH and I really celebrate our love throughout the year and not just on this date, whether by a wink, a look, a pat going by, picking up some flowers, buying some chocolate, or even stopping to pick up a book in our travels.

seytype at hotmail dot com

❤Stephanie! said...

For Valentine's Day, the girls and I always have dinner together at a fancy restaurant (the location changes each year). NO men allowed, even if we are romantically involved. That just takes pressure off the guys and makes it a relaxing, no-stress holiday for the ladies! :)

Stephanie
thestephanieloves[at]gmail[dot]com

Jessica said...

I will be spending this Valentines day with my boyfriend of four years. It is our third Valentine's day together!

jsididia at gmail dot com

Marilyn Shoemaker said...

Wow, what great comments and thanks for stopping by the blog. Stefanie, I literally drew your name out of the hat and I've emailed you for your address.

Thanks to all for entering and commenting. Sending you all warm wishes for a Happy Valentines Day.

xxoo

 

web page counters