Saturday, September 10, 2011

Remember and be Proud to be an American! May you all rest in peace. Amen


Some where in the world it's September 11, a tragic day for Americans. 

Today I can't tell you how proud I am to be an American.  I've always appreciated living in this country for my "freedom" and how when a crisis happens, everyone steps up to the plate.I ask you my friends no matter what your religion, your heritage, where you reside, that you honor our loss on September 11th as we reach out and honor the so many brave who lost their life because of such wasted "hate".

If what happened that tragic day moves you, please pray for Flight 93  and the brave passengers who were determined not to have anymore loss of human life.  I thank God for those in New York City and Washington DC who acted as quickly as they could, who were beyond brave and I pray for those  family's who lost a loved one.  I lived every day of my life watching my husband loving serving his community and the City of Seattle.  Any one in service, I thank you, police, fire, sheriff dept, DEA , FBI, CIA port authority, and I know I'm missing some so please forgive me..

May God Bless America and all of you and I'm hoping you'll understand my passion for the loss of fellow country men as I would understand yours! 


 I honor all who responded, gave their lives and helped to rescue and assist on that day and I honor my husband's memory because he was a Lt. in the Fire Departments. After 911 while participating in a Holland America Inaugural, while he and his co-workers were sightseeing, he had the opportunity to go to Ground Zero. He went to the very bottom of it all with a NYC cop and firefighter. They stood there, prayed and embarrassed each other. Such a special moment for men who want to make a difference.





2 comments:

Cha Cha said...

I had the opportunity to visit Ground Zero after returning from my first deployment with my husband. It was on my wish list & it being Christmas & him being from Jersey it worked out. I can't begin to describe the raw emotions I felt standing there while letting my imagination run wild with the whole concept of it all. Thank you for sharing this!!!

Marilyn Shoemaker said...

Cha Cha, I can't imagine the emotions you must have felt.

 

web page counters